Preliminary Results Show 70.2% of Auctions Successful

From CoreLogic.

Preliminary figures show 70.2 per cent of auctions were successful across the combined capital cities, while auction activity increases week-on-week.

The combined capital city preliminary clearance rate increased to 70.2 per cent this week, after last week’s revised final clearance rate fell to 66.4 per cent, which was not only the lowest combined capital city clearance rate so far this year, down -0.1 per cent from the previous low seen over the week ending 25 June 2017 (66.5 per cent), but the lowest clearance rate since June 2016 across the combined capitals. It will be interesting to see what the final clearance rate looks like on Thursday once the remaining records have been captured. Auction volumes increased week-on-week with 2,225 properties taken to auction this week, up from 2,074 last week, and higher than this time last year (2,062).


Author: Martin North

Martin North is the Principal of Digital Finance Analytics

Leave a Reply